Thread: Bugger
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 03:55 PM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ward View Post
Yep. If it had not been for the RAT test I would have been in the community while infectious and none the wiser until my PCR result.

Handling of this pandemic has been amateur at best. The Feds sniffing at Pfizer and not securing early supply, wildly over hyped risks and associated hesitancy associated with Astra, zero local capability to produce mRNA vaccines, failure to use an existing and well functioning annual influenza vaccine distribution network for COVID vaccination distribution, slovenly approval rates by the TGA and now....RAT tests....which quickly show whether you are infected yet are difficult to obtain.

Sorry for the rant. I'm clearly feeling much better now
Not sure anything could have been done better TBH. Hesitancy seems to be linked to social media and more like any other opinion piece. Regardless of supply. The only real blunder was in QLD bad mouthing AZ at a time when we should have switched vaccination in high gear. What a total mess up especially from an official. We're tracking pretty good now. Sure everyone is getting it and testing is all over the place but we're mostly talking headaches, sore throat for the majority. One epidemiologist in VIC said more variants will throw us a few curved ball for sure. So we make do with what we've got and adapt. I think we'll get better at it.

Last edited by sheeny; 12-01-2022 at 06:24 PM. Reason: profanity bypass and derogatory term