View Single Post
Old 06-05-2011, 04:20 AM
tjsteele (John)

Adruino equiped dew heater controller

I was looking to build my own dew heater controller and found a couple different designs on the internet. One had a temperature controller and wanted to combine it with another pulse modulated project using a 555 timer. Then i found your post. This is exactly what i was looking for...

Has there been any modifications to this plan since it was posted (back in 2006) or has anyone else contributed to the design? For some reason i was expecting a very high cost but after looking at the parts, i find that the unit can be build for pretty cheap and will start looking into it very seriously. Can i still contact you guys for assistance if i get lost in the process (which i'm sure will happen - never built anything electronics in 20 years)?

I'm also new to astronomy so after trying my telescope a couple times last fall, i realized that this was needed badly so started looking right away. If i can build it, i would rather do that. Plus that's more fun to say that i built it then to say i bought it...

Thanks, T-J