View Single Post
Old 02-01-2006, 10:31 PM
ballaratdragons (Ken)
The 'DRAGON MAN'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truscott
I have heard of Andrews on this forum before, who, what and where is he ??
Andrews are at www.andrewscom.com.au.
They are mainly a Ham Radio enthusiast store but he bulk orders telescopes and binoculars so he can give a better price than the usual telescope shops. They are not really into 'pre-sale' preparation. You get it in the box it left Taiwan in. But the prices are good.

I have only heard of one scope that didn't turn up as ordered. It had mirror damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRCORTEX
f) Could someone give me the dimensions and wieght for the 8 and 10" models - I need to determine whether I could fit them in my little Hyundai Accent ( fortunately the back seats fold down ).
Yep! Here is the site with all the dimensions, weights etc of ALL the GS Models. Hope it helps. Just scroll down to the size you want to know about. http://www.telescope-service.com/dob...iansstart.html

And if you can't afford, or transport, the 12" go the 10". Size does make a big difference. There is quite a big difference in Mirror area between an 8" and 10".

And yes, you will see an amazing difference between binoculars and a 10" Dob!!!!

I have recently placed my 12" Dob onto an EQ mount with Tracking. Buying a Dob doesn't mean you are stuck with using it as a Dob. Good luck Neo.