View Single Post
Old 19-01-2022, 09:06 PM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Rodney, such a beautiful image. So much detail and nebulosity in the galaxy. Great job.

Regards,
Stéphane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
Beautiful. Lovely colour.

The depth of the image is attested by the astonishing number of background galaxies far, far away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Excellent capture Rodney , colours are superb. Makes you wonder if someone in there is processing an image of the milky way. Just as we are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Haese View Post
Nice image Rodney, I agree the galaxy has the ability to provide wonder. I found that mostly in the Ha data. I collected over 29 hours of data in Ha alone and found there were large loops and what looked like sprites of Ha near the core region. Unfortunately this was so faint it was not shown at all in the colour image, but can be faintly seen in the Ha image.

Once again a nice image. Well done.
Thanks all for the feedback. It was good to see the background galaxies that came through in the final processing as well. I like your comment on the Ha data Paul as it speaks to the benefit of publishing Ha only images some times. An Ha image can stand alone quite well and show up a lot of detail that would otherwise be missed.