View Single Post
Old 19-04-2021, 09:51 PM
Astronovice (Calvin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidTrap View Post
Great to hear you're having success with this.

I have had difficult flashing the STM32 previously. Can't remember if it was a problem with the jumper/switch to change from Run to Flash mode or something else. I've only had to do it a couple of times when adjusting settings and those events have been weeks or months apart.

I was very happy with the operation of the controller. I used it to make an EQ3 mount into a goto mount as a trial run. I've got a big old mount that I want to convert to OnStep. I'll probably use one of the more advanced/powerful controllers for that mount - it will need bigger stepper motors and drivers.

I'm really enjoying the open source software and hardware options available for astronomy - I'm currently using:

- Onstep
- MyFocuserPro2
- Arduino based dew controllers
- NINA

I better start accumulating bits and pieces to make the next onstep controller - need a project for the summer astronomy hiatus.

DT
Hi David

Resurrecting as well as hijacking this thread somewhat; I notice you list MyFocuserPro2 and NINA in your above post. I am currently changing over from APT to NINA as well as building the Arduino based focuser to while away the time whilst FNQ remains clouded in. NINA isn’t listed in the compatible software list for the focuser, can you confirm that they play nicely together?