View Single Post
Old 30-08-2021, 11:46 PM
Mickoid (Michael)

HEQ5 Belt Mod 2nd Test

Put the newly converted HEQ5 belt modded mount to the test again on Sunday night. First decent night for a while and a quick test on a couple of favourites that weren't hiding behind the trees. Both shots taken with the ZWO ASI 120mms on a 6 inch Newtonian with Meade LRGB filters. Saturn was first, used a 5x Powermate. Took 4 min video grabs with LRGB filters under reasonable seeing conditions. I then got rid of the Powermate and did a prime focus on M16 it was freezing outside and all I wanted to do was pack up and head inside so I didn't get more than 30mins of data on this target. 6 X 50 seconds with each coloured filter and 10 x 90 seconds of Luminance, all unguided.
As you can see my PA was a bit off but at 750mm focal length on the tiny ASI 120's sensor, it showed up all the errors. Happy to say (not that I shot many) about 80% of my subs were successful, opposed to about 60% before the Belt Mod. I'm pleased with the modification and think it is worth the money and effort in doing it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (6iinchNewtSaturn.JPG)
109.0 KB105 views
Click for full-size image (M16LRGB.jpg)
211.9 KB86 views

Last edited by Mickoid; 31-08-2021 at 07:19 AM. Reason: Text correction