View Single Post
Old 17-06-2021, 09:13 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

How much faster?

I ordered a RASA 11 inch and a ZWO 2600 mono plus all the filters...probably a very stupid move if I dont get to use them but it was more a "my health is not going to hold me back thing"...anyways... My most recent imaging set up has a 115 mm f5.5 refractor with a ZWO 1600 mono, a very capable unit....now with time on my hands whilst the goods cross the seas I actually started wondering just how fast will this new set up be...what factors will come into play? The larger appeture? the new camera? Certainly the F2.2 has something to do with it...so it started as guesswork whilst drifting off to sleep but really just how do you determine the difference. I expect the only reliable answer will come from in the field experience but I just cant help wondering how long an exposure on the new set up will be needed to match an hour on the old set up. I have found short exposures have some advantages and could do good work with 30 to 60 seconds and with the recent post about "lucky imaging" do wonder the exposure required from the new set up to deliver equivalent to 30 or 60 seconds on the old rig.
Also on the old set up I found I could get away with very high gain can I expect similar with the new set up?

Alex