View Single Post
Old 17-07-2009, 03:01 PM
toryglen-boy (Duncan)
Scotland to Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astrobserver99 View Post
The mods on this site look impressive, but I doubt there would be anyone in Australia willing to do such modifications. They look beyond the scope of an amateur.

Cheers,

probably right, but it all depends on the person, i work at a component level with hardware in the IT industry, and it doesnt look to difficult to me, Ultimate DSLR's have premoded and pre-cooled camera that you can buy, although they are a bit pricey. I only mention this, as i guess like me, your looking to get a lower SNR ratio, longer exposures with lower, or not much increase in noise, and the only way to do this ona DSLR is cooling, there are other methods of cooling, that are less effective, although every bit helps, i know there several members on here who have moded cameras, as for modding a DSLR with a peltier, that would be a hard, as the ones i have worked with where not the sturdiest of things.

Its swings and roundabout. but if your less bothered about appearance, then there are more options. I have a copper heatsink at home from a Radeon 4850 that i am tempted to crack onto the back of the sensor on my 1000D.