View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 09:44 AM
Paul Haese

I used the Lymax cooler on my 9.25 years ago and these are certainly better than nothing at all. 20 minutes is not enough time though and you should use it for an hour before hand at the least.

High pressure does not always mean hot weather. Our seeing period really commences around mid March and ends in September for the Adelaide regions. There are the odd scattered nights outside this period but the thermal stability of the land is pretty consistent between those dates and you will find better seeing then.

Anthony and I have found though that the presence of the la nina system has the effect of speeding up the jet stream. This makes the weather systems move through too quickly and makes for really erratic seeing overall. You will need to have quite a bit of patience when it comes to viewing and imaging when looking for seeing. Right now and for the last month I have watched many good images of Mars and Saturn come and go, while I cannot capture a photon. I just have to wait my turn and that is what you will find too. If you are a member of ASSA I usually post a note in ASSA chat when the seeing is good. It has been some time I must admit.