View Single Post
Old 24-04-2022, 10:31 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Hi Martin

Before I set on Omega I tried CentA but it was no more than a smudge due to the mist I expect...no definition at all. I really don't think manual focus was the problem as blowing up stars close to each other gives a good idea as to focus using the high mag approach.not perfect but surprising really ..but the focuser on the RASA seems to work rather well.

Funny I spent most of the afternoon setting up the 70 mm finder/guide scope such that it would take a 40 mm and 32 mm esp and by using a 2 x Barlow It also took the illuminated reticle.. all to help with star alignment me thinking that the alignment star won't appear on screen and my set up would save the day ...well blow me down my first alignment star appeared on screen and almost dead centre..I was so busy I did not get to see if the 9mm illuminated reticle paired with the 2x Barlow such that even a bright star would be visable.

I have been studying ADU histograms etc with a view to stop cheating with high gain. I have placed a guide scope and camera on the scope and hope to get auto guide sorted next time I have a chance..unless I stuffed the mount via the chair episode I feel it is good enough to run auto guide which should not have much to do given the long un guided runs I have examined during testing.

Taking darks and flats I have not worked out a suitable method and given the placement of the camera it will take some thinking to come up with an acceptable system.

I am trying to learn "Blender" the 3d software necessary to 3d print so I can make a better cable guide, (and other stuff) ...the one I made from scrap is ok but the one I designed will be much better..I may do a proto type in cardboard which I will impregnate with resin...that result would be maybe stronger than a 3d print not that the thing is subject to significant stress.

I hope to tidy the leads and crap all over the floor so I can use my wheel chair as falling in the dark is a serious issue I must put at the top of my list..wheeling around means I won't fall over in the dark..with crook feet and legs you lose your sence of balance as I have unfortunately.

The wet is just over the top and one can't expect to think about serious photos and it is really unpleasant just doing adjustment, PA etc. But it is just so good to be out there playing around and making a few baby steps.

What really ticks me off, as I forget to wipe it, is how wet the seat on my mower gets and you end up unpleasantly wet which makes me instantly cold ( because of the meds cold hits me severely) but without the mower transport I would be lost..the neighbour must think I am mad as it would seem I am mowing the grass late at night.

Alex