Thread: Some planets
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2021, 10:21 AM
rustigsmed (Russell)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camelopardalis View Post
Great result Russell

This planetary likes to swallow the storage
The thing is I just purchased an 8TB for this purpose and installed it into my windows rig, but shortly after i decided to do processing on my linux/win dual boot system instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave882 View Post
Great images Russell! Love the animation too
thanks Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by foc View Post
A great set!
Thanks Ross - yes I think I'll be coming back to this set every now and then, nice to have nabbed some good data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
Some serious details in that 1st Jupiter. Very three dimensional with the moon shadow on the limb. Top shelf.
thanks Marc - I might have to contact you for some Venus UV tips - not really getting detail - i thought it may have been my qhy163m coatings, so then tried the zwo224mc not much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retrograde View Post
Really nice images Russell - really like the first one too with Io & its shadow so close.
Thanks Pete - I might have to get a print of that one, definitely one of my best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saturnine View Post
Very nice Jupiter images and animation, nice clear detail and I like the colours, gentle touch on the saturation. Neptune and Venus are a different challenge though.
Thanks Jeff - I don't actually touch the saturation at all - looks closer to what you see in the eyepiece - subtle colours, although more saturation can be nice to show some more contrast. Yes indeed, Neptune and Venus captured in poor conditions, but nice to see nonetheless. Haven't had much luck in UV for venus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JA View Post
Really well done Russ. Great images, love the animation

Best
JA
Thanks JA glad you liked it - took ages to process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anth10 View Post
Russell,
A perfect set of shots- Jupiter is just splendid. Very easy on the eye with smooth seamless details through all the bands.
A
Thanks Anthony - i appreciate the comment - i try not to go too hard on the in this processing i think i made a concerted effort to not go too crazy on the wavelet sharpening - i'm still learning though and improving with registax - it's definitely a dark art!

Just also did a derotation from the same night in winjupos - it definitely helps with the SNR and pulling some more detail out with wavelets. the derotation doesn't work that well with the moon transits however. although I think i should really be processing each channel individually - the green and red channel could probably go through some more processing when the blue channel needs to tap out earlier.

thanks for all the comments
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (winjupos-jupRS1-copy.jpg)
195.9 KB24 views