View Single Post
Old 30-05-2021, 10:56 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Big dew drip on 2600MC sensor

Ive been imaging with my 2600MC for 9 months now without any issues at all until tonight.
I was imaging the lobster nebula and noticed the first 4 minute sub had a curved streak in the frame, so I paused imaging, checked the filter and coma corrector, they were all clean , then shone a torch into the sensor , yep big drip mark.Bugger, I dreaded this problem might rear it’s ugly head at some stage in the future although I take full blame for this leaving my camera in the scope in my Dome for a week, the temperature differential would have been at least 15 degrees between night and day plus humidity. Prior to having a permanent set up I always brought my camera back inside after warming it and disconnecting.

Appreciate some, advice from folk who have cleaned dew spots from their ZWO camera sensors
1/ Is it better to buy new desiccant tablets or put the existing ones in the microwave and install quickly
2/ Can you clean the sensor itself carefully with Q tips and isopropyl alcohol ( ZWO manual says use ethanol )
3/ I have a hurricane blower I use with my Televue eye pieces , is it suitable to clear dust etc from sensor using a hurricane blower
4/ Should I send the camera away for professional cleaning rather than attempt it myself ?

Appreciate any advice on the above

Thanks