View Single Post
Old 15-04-2020, 02:51 PM
h0ughy (David)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
Having just recommissioned my obs this is reasonably fresh in my mind. Unfortunately, I have no clue what POTHub even is, but getting the dome parameters set correctly is key (of course) and I think those parameters are universal. Attached are mine (for my scope and location). It's probably of limited use to you but at least the parameters are explained. BTW, I use TheSkyX's Maxdome II controller.

NOTE:
1) “The Mount” is the point on the mount where the RA axis intersects the Declination axis
2) “The Optical Center” is the point lying on the optical axis of the telescope that is closest to “The Mount”
3) “The Dome” is the point at the center of the dome that lies on the plane of the equator (or bottom) of the dome hemisphere.
4) When measuring the values, always use the same units, (eg inches or millimeters). The type of unit is not important.

PS: Your facebook won't let me view the video.
Thanks Marc, as for the video thought it was shared? The setup uses inches so I will stick with that. It's the measure to each bit that is getting the better of me. Jonathan fixed me up with one tip, I forgot to tag GEM. But it's the north east positive measurements which is confusing. I originally spotted the center of the dome then placed my pier on that. Also because I have two scopes set I measured to the middle of them to get the ota optical axis, or is that AC completely wrong assumption to conclude?