View Single Post
Old 07-09-2021, 07:15 PM
legswilly (Werner)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfish View Post
Clean everything rinsing under fresh water every time. Clean clothes . Clean hands. Clean work space , no air movement.

The ronchi screen downloaded from stellafane printed on a acetate on a laser printer works. Easiest way to start. Use the Bartels light box or a tiny tube on a stand with an led in it at centre . The auto collimation test is far too complex for the first stage of polishing.
I printed the stellafane ronchi screen and this time it looked OK after I shrunk it to 60% AND printed it at he highest quality setting on the laser. Did not change the setting the first time and it looked bad. Now I am looking for a transparency film to print it on. Rang Officeworks, but they could not help me.
Will have a look at the Bartels light box and see if I can make out how to build it. There are a lot of examples of test stands, but the very detail where the screen is placed, where the light is placed and where and what to look through escapes me. Sometimes the simplest thing won't get into my head.