View Single Post
Old 25-05-2021, 11:27 PM
yoda776 (Matt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnakChan View Post
At least in Japan, the FSQ85ED now comes as the EDP only. The Flattener 1.01x comes with it as default, although they do sell the 1.01x separately still.

I'm glad I got my pre-EDP and bought the 1.01x separately as I still have the 50.8 accessories included.

You can use something like this configuration with the Nagler which gives crazy wide views.
I know Claude from AEC sells the FSQ85-EDX so I am not entirely sure of the the field flattener status - presume it does not come with one and need to get one? Also it comes with a dual speed focuser by default? I know they do not come with finder scope or bracket. I have seen your posts on CloudyNights I think with the flattener and adapter.

Nice setup you have there AnakChan - I have a 31mm T5 Nagler as well so that is good to know it fits. I like crazy wide views especially if looking at ETA Carinae. I also have a T2 and T5 Nagler 20mm EPs, 2.5, 5, 9, 13mm and 26mm Naglers which I am sure should do well too. I have a Pentax HR 2.0 eyepiece I bought when I was in Japan in 2019 and it is a nice EP especially on the moon - the detail is amazing. I do have a Televue 40mm widefield I am not sure how that would go. i often wondered how goo the Pentax EPs are with Taks - I presume they do quite well.