View Single Post
Old 08-11-2013, 10:03 AM
coldknights (Cathy)

Hi we have a few more pics on the install but not much of importance just a few pics of the table and tools I will go through the pictures later today all so no pec data was collected our only interest was to have a quiet mount to do the video with so whoever buys this mount can do it it would good I think from visual inspection of the internals of the mount everything looked new even the shims compared to some of the pictures on the net and the YouTube video's we have seen this mount is in better condition then all of them I would class this mount as a Sunday mount only taken out and used on 1 Sunday every 3 months or so .
Is a shame that skywatcher did not make this mount with the belts but they did do it with the AZ-EQ6 and also the EQ8.
When doing the mod stick to the instructions carefully and also go to Astrobaby website on the rebuild it gives you the important part settings the worm drive setting instructions .
And the bearing were in top condition as well they to like new packed them a little with lithium grease as well not overboard like I have seen done bearing need Grease but not a bucket like I have seen on the net and YouTube .
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (e.jpg)
149.7 KB111 views
Click for full-size image (f.jpg)
141.4 KB102 views
Click for full-size image (g.jpg)
80.8 KB91 views

Last edited by coldknights; 08-11-2013 at 10:29 AM.