View Single Post
Old 12-07-2021, 11:17 PM
Stonius (Markus)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhin63 View Post
I am doing the same thing as well, I am in the middle of re-designing the power supply functionality.

Any connection in power requires some protection. [...] But fuses at the first point of call for any DIY job.

Okay, I'll definitely look in to that then. Still got no idea what I'm doing in terms of selecting fuses, but i assume the internet will provide.

Quote:

Motor cleanliness should be a function that should be incorporated in the motor control unit.

True, I guess. Otherwise the Mount Control Board would get fried, I assume, so it must keep the power clean somehow.

Quote:

For my camera, I use a linear regulator.

I'm thinking something like this It has 8A capacity, but I nothing about linearity or non-linearity

Quote:

One by I found useful reducing my build requirements is an automotive 12V to USB regulator for most cars,

Yes, i got one of those too. It's been very reliable.

Quote:

As far as the NIC, what is the Voltage input?

12-24V, IIRCC, so it should be happy.

Quote:
If it 12V, I suppose it has its own internal regulator to maintain the voltage for the system. The specs should say what is the variation Min and max voltage input.

Yeah, I'm not sure if it does or not. It takes a DC plug in coming from a transformer, so I suspect that it relies on voltage regulation from the transformer since compact is key to an NIC.

Cheers and Thanks for the advice.

Markus