View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 02:00 PM
Boozlefoot
SQM 21.98 mag./arc sec2

My dew/floor - condensation/pier problems solved by running a box fan from the big green shed @$24.00 - this oscillates and blows across the floor. There is also a 58W light at the base of the pier/ mount, which keeps condensation at bay when the obs is not in use, BBQ cover over the scope to "trap" the modest warmth like a big girl's skirts, (40W not quite enough during the frosts!)

Fan (40W setting) on a daily timer starting at 1100hrs till 1700hrs to avoid overheat at top of dome and prevent stale air/mould, and manual switch "on" when observing.

Light on timer (58W) starting at 1700 till 0700, and removable when observing. There's also a small dehumidifier when the weather requires.

Matting interlocking rubber mats as used under camping awning. (Prevents aching legs when stationary on pavers)

Took a little testing to get the wattage as low as possible, and the timers pay for themselves by restricting the running times to necessary periods only. All up costs about $120.00 including the dehumidifier and switches, but I consider this a good investment when I go out and the gear is dry as a dead dingo's, and not cooking either.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (image000000.jpg)
97.7 KB64 views