View Single Post
Old 11-06-2023, 08:35 AM
bluesilver (Peter)

Heavy dew on observatory floor with roof open

Hi, I currently built a 3X3 meter roll off roof shed for my current Observotary last summer.
Has been working a treat but i have a issue now with heavy dew on the floor that i didn't foreseen when i was first designing / building it.
The floor is made out of that black form ply that concreters use for boxing.

Decided on this as it would be nice and easy to keep clean as it is semi water resistant.

But now the colder months are here for us in Tassie, the dew i get once the roof is rolled off can get pretty bad, in some cases after say 4 or 5 hours with the roof open, the floor can look like you have just washed it, maybe not that extream but not far off.

I am looking at some options to help prevent a lot of this dew, would installing a simple 30cm desk type can provide enough air flow movement to help stop this dew?
I am thinking of leaving the door open maybe to allow the air to flow out, or would it be better to have the door closed?

Or another option was to use an outdoor carpet, I think these have a rubber back on them and i think they dry out pretty quickly.

And lastly with the air movement, would this have a huge effect on imaging causing air turbulence?

Any thoughts or ideas to combat this would be appreciated,
Cheers,
Peter.

Last edited by bluesilver; 11-06-2023 at 08:53 AM.