View Single Post
Old 07-06-2021, 10:26 AM
multiweb (Marc)
ze frogginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustigsmed View Post
wow great work Marc absolutely fantastic - did you use the process you mentioned in my post? I had a go and didn't have that much luck with the registration (probably due to the high amount of drift i had or my lack of PI skills).

Cheers

Russ
Thanks Russ.

PixInsight will load ARW raw files from my SONY camera but I used 16bit TIFF files for registration because the associated XMP files data with RAWs don't load in PI so you need to apply the levels and contrast then save to TIFF before registration.

The script is called FFT Registration under utilities. There is another process called Blink under ImageInspection that is very handy to view the subs that are not aligned properly. So it is an iterative process. Out of 863 subs I had 27 I had to align by hand and a handful to tweak. But it does a good job and that's the only program I know where you can batch so it is RAM efficient.

And finally you use the BatchFormatConversion script under BatchProcessing to output all your *.xisf subs to 16bit TIFFs.

Most of the work is in stabilizing the footage because after that it's all pretty straight forward (once you've figured it out)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonius View Post
Really nicely done, especially with the exposure compensation, very smooth.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new video too!

Markus
Thanks Markus It's there.