View Single Post
Old 22-05-2021, 12:35 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRene View Post
Those look very nice Martin, and from Bortle 8 no less. I have the L-Extreme filter so thinking about it I’m covered for narrowband. The Ha would be picked up by the red pixel and the Oiii by the Blue/green? Then I just need to spilt the channel and throw away what I don’t need. If I wanted to go narrower though, say 3nm, I’d need the individual filter (Ha, Oiii & Sii). I realise I’ll sacrifice resolution and have to image for longer but it’s better than dropping another $3500 on a camera.

Rene
Rene,
Thanks , the image turned out surprisingly good for only 2 hours of data ( 3 minute subs ) usually you need considerably more data when using narrowband filters
You can’t manually split channels using the L Extreme or even using individual filters with a OSC ( 2600MC ) because of the RGGB Bayer matrix, if you did your colours would be screwed up
The photons are collected by the sensors pixels in that format so it’s a set thing
So a OSC is a OSC , however the L Extreme allows the Ha at 7nm and the Oiii bandwidths ( bandpass ) with 90% transmission to be collected by the sensor and then using software like Startools V1.7 Composite module , it can synthetically create narrowband luminance and combine RGB to allow narrowband presets to be used , quite intuitive
I don’t know of any other processing software which can use OSC narrowband data and process like true narrowband and provide so many presets etc...
In Startools ( Compose ) when you load your data , you load your stacked fts file once into Luminance channel , once in Red channel , once in Green Channel and once in Blue channel.You just select the preset OSC R ( 2xG ) and B and the software does the rest.
Cheers
Martin