View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 09:04 AM
PeterM

Terry,

This thread is really exciting as well as interesting. I'm sure that Mike and the mods have noted the potential value of this thread to both members and the community as a whole.

It clearly shows that amateurs have, can and still do, even with today's super technologies, make valuable contributions to the science of Astronomy. The replies so far (and I know there are more i.e Astrojunk who regularly undertakes scientific reporting) should be inspirational to those who may be thinking about contributing to one of the many avenues available.

We all know that there is a wealth of knowledge on Ice In Space, we now have a condensed, clearer indication of what others are doing. This is extremely valuable and should not disappear down the list of threads.

I propose that this thread should be the start of a new section in Ice In Space (IIS members contributing to the Science?) that would allow for members to at a glance see who is doing what or at least bookmarked so that those wanting to make a start in one of the areas know where to start.

Thoughts on this?

PeterM.