Thread: Le Lobster
View Single Post
Old 20-05-2021, 11:27 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJL View Post
Ha! That's something I should have paid attention to first. Magnitude 10?! No wonder it was difficult

I'm hoping to get an Esprit 120 in a few months. Still only f/7 but hopefully will also pick up the new Field Flattener/Reducer which will take it down to f/5.4

Yes I gave the Super Structure a go with this image actually. Didn't go into in detail, but it definitely helped me bring out more structure. It's very good! I'm also switching over to Film Dev instead of Autodev. It's great!
For colours, I still finish up in Photoshop. I haven't come across a way to create colours I like in Startools yet.
Adam,
Just be aware that Film Dev will not stretch the image to your data’s full dynamic range, all its doing is stretching and brightening the image with the slider much like in the old days of film exposure, there’s no fine detail plus the stars always bloat in Film Dev ( I rarely use it ) Once you master Autodev is absolutely unbelievable what it can do to expose all your hidden detail
Just draw a region of interest ROI around your object , and resize it in and out and using the ignore fine detail slider between 1.8 and say 5 pixels , you will see the changes in detail and brightness as you fiddle around a bit . Try adjusting Shadow Linearity up from default 50 to say 60 or 70 ??
It takes time but your images will benefit more from AutoDev ( Film Dev is “ the easy way out” for stretching your image but is restricted or limited what it can do ) Just go on the Startools website and read up about AutoDev and Film Dev . I think you will benefit greatly.

AutoDev is the better option in most cases unless you have crap data or limited data

Cheers
Martin