View Single Post
Old 25-05-2010, 10:43 PM
renormalised (Carl)
No More Infinities

Quote:
Originally Posted by riklaunim View Post
...Integrating TV/Video cameras anren't cheaper and for imaging they lack resolution - http://mallincam.tripod.com/id14.html
No, they're not megapixel imagers (most are around 760 x 580, or around 390,000 pixels), but those images on that page are not good images. Looks like most of them weren't even processed all that much.

I've seen much better images than that from these cameras. Actually, I've seen worse images posted by people using DSI III's and the Image Source cameras. It all depends on how you use the camera and your skill levels in processing. They're great for what they do and used properly they're OK imagers, but you don't expect them to turn out masterpieces of sub-arcsecond pixellated perfection. That's not what they're meant to be. I'm happy with mine. I can't afford to buy an SBIG, QHY, any other multi-megapixel camera or even an Orion Starshoot, but I can buy a GStar (either model) or a DBK/DMK, or (if I save for awhile) a Mallincam. That's the position most people are in. You make do with what you've got