View Single Post
Old 30-04-2018, 12:20 AM
DingDong (Dion)

Hi guys

Thanks for the quick replies guys

I can make out the blurry craters and thats how I know I'm close. I reckon another 30mm of travel on the focuser would have it. I tried to be sneaky Raymo and slide the the extension out of the holder and its closer but still blurry.

I bought a 50mm extension and already had an extendible extension and the two of them together (looks horrible) doesn't seem to be enough. theres a whole heap of sag with all of that with the DSLR so am taking That_Guys advice and swap it out with the ZWO next time.

On top of that - my observatory I built has wee design floor - with all that extension I can't fit my head between the eyepiece and the wall ROFL!!

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong tho.

Iborg - Instead I experimented AVI captures at prime focus but the MAC software Lynkeos either didn't have enough frames or is not up to the job and performed poorly. With PHD playing up and this Ive had a **** weekend of observing so not blaming the software really. What software do you use?

So up until this projection experiment things have run smoothly. Now the learning curve looks like my auto guiding corrections lol

Still - Theres always next weekend

Cheers guys