View Single Post
Old 16-06-2022, 11:52 AM
evltoy (Wayne)

I’m so glad I found this thread as I’m currently trying to work out which way to go. If any of you guys can give me some direction that would be awesome.

I’m looking at getting both the L-eNhance and L-eXtreme (1.25”) to add to my filter collection which includes a ZWO Duo and a Baader Moon/Sky Glow. My gear is the asi294MC pro, SW ed80 & ed120 and a Celestron 8” SCT. My F-stop is no more than F6 and I don’t plan to go past f4 in the future. I live mainly in bortle 5/6 and my holiday area is 3.

Given that these filters are no good for Galaxies or Reflection Nebula's I would be instead using the SCT with the baader Moon/Sky glow or just the UV/IR filter with the 294MC.

My delimer is, is the L-eXtreme going to be worth it considering the narrow band pass of HA or do I get the L-eNhance 1.25” for the asi294 and another L-eNhance 2” for my unmodified DSLR to run on either the ed80 or ed120? Getting the L-eNhance 2” would allow me run 2 setups at a time.

What are your thoughts?

FYI – Cuiv just released a new vid 4 days ago with some interesting info on the filters we are talking about.