View Single Post
Old 13-01-2022, 10:52 AM
Stev0 (Steve)

Update

Hi all,

Thanks for the additional insights.

As per the title, I have been looking to solve 2 main issues of which I believe I have a solution to both:

1) PHD2: Bruce from PHD2 has been awesome. He has helped me work through a solution which includes (as you identify) both disabling mount limits and ALSO ensuring that sidereal tracking enabled. Whenever EQMOD restarts, mine and no doubt others deselects sidereal tracking and so it needs to be checked each time. Since doing this, I have been able to track without any issues. I have sent the tracking records to Bruce for analysis … which also pointed out my second issue
2) mount disconnecting: I have been plagued with mount issues for months. For context, my mount will disconnect ~12 times a night and also randomly slew and not stop. To test if it was a mount or software issues, I tested the mount on two separate clean installations and also tested EQMOD and GSS as well - on both. The same issue persisted. My mount board is now being replaced under warranty. Fingers crossed this is it. I have also tried ST4 and USB .. many different USB cables and also power… so, fingers crossed the replacement board will fix it. A big thanks to my Astro coach RoRo for his support with this… it’s been painful!

As always, I really appreciate your support. I feel like I am slowly getting there and the support and persistence has led to a deeper education/understanding of my kit and supporting software… this stuff ain’t easy.

On a side point… GSS is GREAT and something I am looking to transition to instead of EQMOD. Early days but it certainly looks more modern.

Thanks steve

In terms of an update, I have been waiting to get my mount board