View Single Post
Old 26-07-2020, 12:43 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroboy33 View Post
I’ve been using an unmodded DSLR and using 8 minute subs and DSS/Photoshop for post processing. I have no idea what I am doing and follow Jerry Lodrigus’ post processing steps blindly.
I see I haven’t stretched the Triiffid Nebula properly so can definitely improve that.
Thanks again for the comments!
Steve
You might want to think jumping in the deep end and go for a ZWO cooled mono with a eight position filter wheel ..I have and it has been just so beneficial and I did not and still do not know what I am doing..one sub in HA will convince you that you made a great decision.
I use StarTools which I find excellent as although it takes a little while to use it successfully many of the settings you really do not need to change and alongside each process there is a question mark which you click and it explains what is going on and what moving the dial will do.
I had no idea how to combine the channels so I would use layers in Photoshop only to find out later that there is a feature LRGB in Startools into which you place your Luminance, S11, Ha, and O11 and it merges them and there are controls that you can adjust the ratio of the colours. I have just started with this but it's great. There is of course Pixinsite which appears to require a decent cash investment and many hours of reading to understand all it can do...I remember things that people say..like I purchased a book..or I have spent over a thousand hours on it ( but no doubt he would be rather expert but if not maybe another thousand hours)..I hope that by the time I find StarTools lacking I will be better equipped to understand the processes in Pixinsite ..so I say the zwo camera, filters and StarTools will take you to a new level for sure...and I am sure you will be very happy.
Good luck.
Alex