View Single Post
Old 16-04-2012, 11:23 AM
stardust steve (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsidianphotos View Post
Hi Steve,
Are you using a UV/protection filter on the plastic fantastic? I used to get reflections like that all the time until I stopped using a filter on it. At $100 or so for the lens i'm not worried about damage to the little guy. It's as close to a dispossable lens as you will get. You will still get reflections if you push the exposure too much even without a filter on objects like the moon but it shouldn't happen as often. Not sure about the focus ring issue. Mine works fine. It's obviously not the firmest focus ring on the market but I have never had it shift like you describe. In fact I was using it last night for some widefield tracked shots and it didn't move at all over the two hours or so of exposures. Maybe try a piece of tape to hold it in place once you have focused?
Cheers
Greg
Hi Greg. There was no UV protection filter on at that time. Im thinking of the exposure issue as well could be one of the problems. Thanks for the reply.I cant wait to do some widefield tracked stuff, i hope they turned out well for you.