View Single Post
Old 18-12-2008, 09:08 AM
sacredblack (Steve)

Astronomik OIII CCD EOS-Clip and light pollution ?

Hi All,

Really enjoying reading all the wonderful articles on this site for general observing hints and astrophotography.

In the past I have made timelapse movies of star fields as part of my artistic pursuit. In the pursuit of image quality improvement I've got myself a EOS 1000d camera and made a intervalometer to control it. I've done some tests in the backyard (Blackwood in the Adelaide Hills) and have had some encouraging results. I think I've got the best exposure and speed versus noise and grey out (when the dark sky turns grey - I'm sure there's a more recognised term for this ?).

I'd like to improve that contrast and lessen the light pollution so that I get less grey and more stars - some milky way luminousity would be nice too.

I've been eyeing off the Astronomik CCD EOS-Clip filters at Bintel and wondering if this is a good solution. Also whether someone could give me an example of before and after shots.

I'm hoping there might be a www site where someone has done this comparison. Any leads would be greatfully appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve Roberts.