View Single Post
Old 30-03-2019, 10:17 PM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregbradley View Post
For astro the advantages would be mostly ergonomic. Smaller and lighter so easier on a tracker.

Variangle rear LCD would be the most useful improvement over a fixed LCD which must make focusing a painful experience.

Not sure about the 6D but RP has an incamera intervalometer.

As far as noise levels go - I am not sure but RP has the latest Digic 8 processor which usually means lowered noise but perhaps not.

RF mount lenses are not that expensive unless you are looking at the 50/1.2 or the 28-70 F2. The RF 35 1.8 seems fairly regular for a lens and the 24-105 F4 RF lens is not too bad. Perhaps though I am just used to Sony lens prices which are quite high.

Greg.

Greg.
I was also considering trading my 6D Mk1 (with fixed display) for an RP.
But the advantages are minimal for me. The R (A$1500 more expensive) has a better sensor, but still the 'old' 5Mk4 sensor.
I use DSLR Controller and now DSLR Dashboard, the latter available for iOS, Android, macOS, Linux and Windows, and supports the newest Canon 'R' class DSLRs.
This app includes intervalometer (even for frames for astrophotos), focus stacking and all remorte control what a 6D (and even an R(P) lacks).

Probably I wait for an R Mk2 hopefully with a better sensor. Digic 8 is better than Digic 6, but software cannot create light what is not available.