View Single Post
Old 16-06-2021, 10:38 AM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RugbyRene View Post
Well that's the problem. I can barely use it because the weather is crap so it makes me wonder what's the point of owning thousands of dollars worth of equipment and never being able to take it out. Today for example looks beautiful in Sydney. Blue sky and sunshine. But it's forecast to rain tonight, so another night list. Makes me want to give it all up and take up a hobby where I can actually use my equipment. I knew this hobby was weather dependent but I'm barely able to take it out and use it.
Rene,
I hear your frustration and it use to get me down a bit too but try to look at it this way. If nights were clear each week , after 5 years or so you would get bored with the hobby. The weather , atmospheric conditions , your equipment and so on all have their challenges, everything we do in life has its challenges
Stick at it , the weather will change , it’s not cloudy every night for weeks and months ( like the UK ). As I mentioned before January and June are Sydney’s wettest months , the weather will improve through July , August and September It’s an incredible hobby and the level of technology in cameras , software and equipment is improving all the time which is super exciting
I’ll be imaging on Thursday night in Sydney as it’s going to be clear , light winds and low humidity so little or no dew and seeing should be ok , fingers crossed
Hang in there mate !!
Cheers
Martin