View Single Post
Old 28-09-2021, 07:18 PM
Startrek (Martin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephane View Post
Wow, now we're talking. That sounds awesome! Thanks again Martin. Does the possibility of wifi come with the mount or is it some kind of add-on?
I use a cabled connections to my EQ6-R mounts as I want solid connections with 100% reliability and has never let me down in 4 years
I use EQMOD ( remote operation of mount (driver) with navigation controls via keyboard and on screen control pad ) with Stellarium as my planetarium for Tracking and Goto etc...

I have an EQ6-R mount ( 6” f6 newt ) in Sydney cabled to my outdoor workstation 2m away in my backyard ( semi permanent set up )

And an EQ6-R mount ( 8” f5 newt ) in my NexDome observatory on the South Coast NSW. Mount is cabled underground from the Obs in the backyard to my house and into my study with a Network wall outlet ( obviously permanent set up )

Skywatcher do have a Wifi dongle I believe to use a remote connection but I’ve heard mixed opinions about their reliability
If your keen on wifi option maybe research them further on line ( me personally I much prefer cabled to Astro equipment)
Some other Astro forums in addition to our IIS which are helpful are
Cloudy Nights US
Stargazers Lounge UK
Some YouTube channels which are helpful are
Astrobackyard
Astro Addict
Amy’s Astro
TAIC The Astro Imaging channel
Star Stuff ( Dylan O’Donnell)
And a host of others

Cheers
Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (F6379EDB-CFE9-4405-B350-F2A93CA6D3D0.jpeg)
150.3 KB23 views
Click for full-size image (A6D51E1E-4988-46E1-9E45-ADFC071DCF2F.jpg)
193.8 KB22 views
Click for full-size image (87177E27-0FEF-4EC5-8F4C-08444B4FE192.jpg)
189.2 KB28 views