View Single Post
Old 14-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Tropo-Bob (Bob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreat1 View Post
Hi Guys,

Total newbie here. I have a 6 inch (153 mm) f/7.8 Saxon Dobsonian which I've been using for over 4 months now.
Focal length: 1200mm

The telescope came with two 1.25" Plossl eyepieces - 10 mm & 25 mm, a 1.25" moon & skyglow filter and a 2" adapter.

I am interested in expanding my eyepiece/filter set to enhance my viewing experience.

Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations to share about what will offer the most bang for the buck - e.g. a 2X barlow, UHC filter etc.?

I'd also like to hear if people with similar telescopes have had any experience with a wide view (Superview?) eyepiece, 1.25 or 2 inch?

[*]... I am willing to spend upto $150...[/LIST]

I think an $89.00 Orion 1.25” Accessory Kit from ProAstoz represents outstanding value. Included in the attractive case are 20mm & 7.5mm Sirius Plossls, a 2x Barlow and 4 filters. View the ProAstroz website for details.

I have purchased a set of 6 Dual ED EPs hassle free from ProAstroz. The 15mm from that series is my favourite. It has a 60 degree apparent field and can be purchased separately for $75. It will also be a good EP with the 6" scope.

There will probably be extra postage charges in addition to the prices that I have mentioned.

Good luck and I hope U like whatever U decide.