Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2022, 07:44 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Pulled the cover off the RASA and found this huge green frog had made under there home..I put him outside and he looked ticked off...I am thinking he may be the same one I found when we moved the van.

I got the focuser fitted with a little trouble lining up the screws and twisting away with an allen key that came with it but it was too small..I thought it seems like a long thread but it wasn't turning..and putting it on so nothing rubs has things off centre... a little but
if perfect it would have metal on metal contact..havent run it yet as I ran out of time..need to cook my dinner..plus I want to check my work later so....

I may go down later to polar align the 80,mm set up and take some test shots to see if I have round stars... there is lots of cloud but it seems to clear I have noticed recently..not good enough for serious imaging as it may be clear but it is just too wet... but to test the things and do a polar align it could do...plus start organising things in general... but things are starting to look good.
Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG20220213164300_resize_21.jpg)
92.5 KB72 views