Thread: New observatory
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2020, 04:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Had to take the advice Glen gave to have a rest day for today I did not feel well at all as I could hardley stand not because of legs but just seemed dizzy..anyways spent the time I was awake to think about the alluminium molding idea..first I looked on youtube and find folk melted in a tin can so making the crucible was unnecessary.
I worked late last night adding cement (another three bags) and rock at a modest pace and while resting openned up the new mount box and took a look at the tripod etc to figure out what to make..could be beyond my skill to be realistic...although I was rather tired so possibly a little negative..but it seems the same as my old eq6..I did not check...by this time I could not bring myself to open the small observatory and that was my first job today but I felt it prudent to lay down....however if I can use the pier attachment from the old mount I may just use it so I can finish the pier and start again on putting up the foam.

I am a little disappointed as I thought I could finish everything this weekend. Each job takes just so much more time when you start actually doing things..like the form work ..even though I made it up ready to go on the job I realised that if I did not rim a couple of inches I would not be able to remove it...and I ha e plans for that ply.
Maybe I can put in an hour or two after dark if I feel better.
Alex