Old 13-05-2021, 02:27 PM
Andy01 (Andy)
My God it's full of stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardJ View Post
Beautiful image Andy.
I also belong to that club.��

RichardJ
Thanks Richard, it's by no means exclusive! Makes processing interesting though that's for sure!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PKay View Post
Looking at a wider field GUM 65, it reveals in the shape of a heart.

I guess adding Ha to the red channel helps to increase detail and add depth, as would the Lum?

Noice work Andy
Thanks Peter, Yes indeed - Ha reveals detail and gases present that would be otherwise near invisible, and the Lum helps smooths out the noise and picks up more of the fine dusty stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert_T View Post
It's a powerful and highly contrasting combination of objects and features Andy. Looking at the Astrobin version is a treat. What FL will the new reducer give you? And also intrigued as to the benefit of and how you used the Lum?
Cheers Robert, the new reducer will be f5.4 @ 700mmFL. Lum helps me a lot when shooting under LP - seems to smooth out the noise, boost the overall signal and pick up feint dust. I shoot lots of short subs and then deal with the gradients in post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryderscope View Post
Well done Andy. I can see that a lot of thought has gone into the composition and layout of the field. The Gum and Sharpless catalogues do make for a great shopping list of objects.
Thanks Rodney - as you know, I'm always on the lookout for something new or overlooked. I recall seeing a post of this field a while back, guess it lodged in my memory bank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiweb View Post
That cluster is very nice. You can see the central bar of stars. Nicely resolved.
Thanks Marc, I was mindful of focusing very carefully, and dumped out any imperfect subs - that said, I'm a tad surprised and delighted with the resolution shown here, nice to finally have the Tak sorted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswhin63 View Post
Very nice Andy tried to image this combination as well, but a DSLR does not cut it. Still, I may try again. Maybe need to filter mod my camera.
Cheers Malcolm, There are many Ha rich regions in this area of space, and a camera mod will certainly help you show them off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marc4darkskies View Post
All hail the natural colour palette!!

Lovely image Andy! The composition is perfect! The Force is with you!
Many thanks Sensei Marcus! I was thinking of you and some of the tips you gave me previously when processing this one.