View Single Post
Old 16-09-2021, 09:25 AM
AdamJL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Paul,

Forgot to ask you a question about your Bias frames ( yourself and Pete are the only folk who use them who replied )

What exposure time setting did you use to take your Bias frames ?
The 2600MC specs show a minimum exposure of 32 micro seconds or 0.000032 sec
This seems awfully quick ?
I don't know whether my capture software APT will register that setting ( Ive posted a query in the APT forum , waiting on an answer from Ivo )

Await your advice

Thanks
Martin
That's the shortest exposure the camera can take. I tried it the other night in NINA. I set the exposure to 0 and it shoots at 0.000032.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
To add more confusion to the topic of Calibration, I received a recommendation / suggestion on the APT forum by a member to use the following method -

Calibrate your Flats with Dark Flats

Don’t calibrate your Darks or Dark Flats , you only integrate them into a Master Dark and Master Dark Flat

You then calibrate your Flats using the Master Dark Flat , instead of using the Master Dark , and then integrate your Flats into a Master Flat

To clarify my understanding of the Calibration terminology -

Calibrate means to stack your Light frames with specific calibration frames ( dark, flat , dark flat or bias or alternatively a Master ) ?

Master means create a stacked file of the same type of calibration frame to be used with your Light frames in final stacking process ?

Integrate means to stack 2 types of calibration frames to form a single stack Master calibration file ?

Appreciate advice and confirmation on the above ( by the way I use Deep Sky Stacker )

Whoosh ........,

Thanks
^ I totally don't get that. I just chuck all of my lights and whatever calibration frames I use into Deep Sky Stacker and let it do the work.