View Single Post
Old 14-06-2021, 10:10 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrid View Post
G’day Alex. There are plenty of personalities on IIS but few real “characters”. You are one of (perhaps the only) real “character” in the sense of someone who is able to be eccentric yet thoughtful, informed yet open to the new. Your mixture of tongue-in-cheek wit and larrakin plain old $#@&-stirring is what has made you an invaluable contributor to our little community. Keep it up.
You are too kind.

It is funny I see myself as the "normal" one in the group who occasionally may draw attention to some of the funny behaviours humans entertain which if they could take the time to stand back and observe with some impartial approach they too would be as highly entertained as I find myself just watching things go by.

The pity is my approach is lost on so many who I fear use their image of me to support their negative judgement of folk who do not fit their expectations of "normal" and to them I say I am sincerely sorry that I cause offence and suggest that letting me get under your skin is better avoided... because I am just a lonely old man dribbling on with a keyboard at my finger tips.

In my defence I could plead that I am not entirely uneducated but choose to present as approachable, kind and non judgmental so folk may think astronomy is a domain where even mere mortals can feel at home.

Alex