View Single Post
Old 26-07-2021, 08:54 PM
mswhin63 (Malcolm)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xelasnave View Post
I am rather skilled with fibre glass but have not used carbon fibre which I gather is the same idea just using different matt. I often use filbre glass to strengthen ply wood and even make items in cardboard or thick paper and paint them with resin to great effect...I made a pier for my little heq5 in plywood and made it steel like with a couple of layers of glass and resin which I colour with black tile grout.
I purchased two little heater fans from some auto shop, not Super cheap but they are in the same shop as Jcar Lismore..but simple things..supposed to be car heaters or demisters and I would run them blowing up under my cover over the scope off an old battery that they would flatten, I know terrible but crook battery to start with , I have them packed away otherwise I would post a photo but one would by worth your investigation for you unit.
Even an exhaust fan (computer fan) with the intake thru something with absorption ability ...rice even...just over some silica gel...and the battery only has to last until Sun rise in effect.
Alex
I would like to achieve some skills with Fibreglass, I get the impression Carbon fibre is the same, maybe a different adhesive. But initially, I would rather start with Fake Fibreglass, using nylon fabric with some bitumen-based coating. This is the coating I am using at the moment on the outer shell of a large bag I got for really cheap. This bitumen coating is exactly as it says, waterproof and very good. Fibreglass though will last the longest.
I also have insulation internally as well, later I hope to build a simple temperature humidity monitor to carry out some tests.

Silica Gel is a good idea, it is one of the many things I am already looking at. Although as much as possible I will keep it as simple as possible to reduce costs.

Using a natural environment is definitely the best method, but not the most foolproof.