View Single Post
Old 29-04-2022, 12:51 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Startrek View Post
Alex
I’ve been using an A3 Huion led dimmable light panel to take my Flats with my 6” and 8” Newts for over a year
Works fine with a T shirt
Attached is the A2 model which I am buying for my 10” newt

https://www.digidirect.com.au/huion-a2-led-light-pad

Only $219.00 from Digi direct ( Australian company )

This should work for your RASA

The dimmer is touch control via the off on button

I just slew my mount vertically using EQMOD ( obviously not tracking ) and sit the light panel on top , but you could use other methods like up against a wall or suspended or use a music stand etc...,

I usually dim the light down to the lowest and stretch the T shirt over the OTA with a rubber band ( A flattened t shirt so 2 layers of material )

Hope the above helps

Martin
Thanks Martin...my carer volunteers at the Salvation Army shop so I have put in my order for something "white" to get things started but I have just now ordered one of those units you recommend...I have ordered additional EAF ( focusers) and guide cameras to have each system not reliant upon stealing things from the rig next to it..extravagant but I know it will be worth the money as if one fails it will be simply a case of switching on the unit next to it...I value clear sky and have determined that when I have it I will not be wasting time fixing or adjusting and sincerely hope my preparedness to compromise won't be called upon when I have things set up as I have planned.

I will probably build a light box around the product you suggested ...mainly so I have it all in one unit ( built in t shirt.. flash) and while at it include a mechanism such that the light box can attach securely and not dependant on orientation of the scope just resting in place.

It certainly is hard work compared to my old system of grab anything with high gain and rely on processing heavily and photoshopping...against the rules of real astro photography.

I am looking forward to your efforts with the new gear.

Thank you very much for all your help.

Alex