View Single Post
Old 01-06-2023, 12:26 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Well with astro photography and a new baby you won't be getting much sleep.

I have four scopes in an observatory all on permanent piers ( although two are on tripods on permanent piers)...an 80mm mono, 115 mm mono, 130 mm mono and a RASA 11 inch one shot colour and I have been a beginner longer than anyone...my experience tells me don't be in a rush to go past 80mm.

My best images come from my 80mm scope ( although the new 130 mm may become my favorite probably due to better guiding via the OAG).

My sincere advice is work with your current mount and current scope.

The short focal length of your scope will be handled by you current mount...you may need to pull it down adjust it etc but that really comes with all mounts...I have one of the first eq6 and I bet it does as good as a new mount having been "adjusted" probably ten times over the years

You say you have a mono camera...you really need filters to go with a mono camera...they will take all your money and a full set will cost the price of a new eq6r mount...but they are a must have...and you need a filter wheel to hold said filters...you can use a filter draw but trust me don't...the filters get filthy no matter how careful you are so get the wheel..you could go for just Ha S11 and O11 and a three spot type wheel and do SHO images...or just capture in black and white and colour in your images in Photoshop..I have done that.

Here is a 80 mm mono of M42 please don't worry about the colour

Alex
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (NewComposite.jpg)
197.5 KB35 views

Last edited by xelasnave; 01-06-2023 at 12:39 PM.