View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 09:05 PM
eamsie (Jessie Eames)

Quote:
Originally Posted by renormalised View Post
Hi Rosie, welcome to IIS

First up, nice shots Only a couple of problems.....firstly, nuke that light!!!!!. Or find somewhere you can take piccies from that's not got too much light in it. You may need to drive to a reasonably dark location.Secondly, you'll need to up your ISO to at least 800 to be able to gather enough light to image the comet. Now it's getting dimmer, I'd suggest at least ISO1600 and 50 sec exposures or longer. Your F stop is fine, but if you can lower it, then do so. 16mm will give you a nice wide shot

You really need to be setup and ready to shoot at around 3am....3:30 at the latest. I would even aim to be ready by 2:30am. The comet is higher up now, but being dimmer, the less light you have to contend with, the better.
Hi Carl, these are cool and simple tips. I'm thinking about ways to capture the night sky at night (nothing too serious like getting into stellarium but maybe if the hobby starts getting more serious ). I'll try playing around with the ISO too...although I may need a good tripod first. Damn!