View Single Post
Old 11-01-2006, 07:50 PM
DRCORTEX (Lance)
Neo - as in Dr Neo Cortex

Which One is the Moon Filter

I got a set of filters with the scope - which one is actually the moon filter - it dosn't say. They are all different colours. I am guessing the "black" one. There is also red, green, blue, yellow, etc.

Focused in om my first messier objects last night:

M42/M43 - looked great. I can see why they are photographed so much. The gas clouds stood out so well.
M4 The Pleiades - also good to view.
Mars - just a big red blob from what I could see ( with a 2X barlow and 15mm plossi ) - but now I know what to look for.
Satellite - no idea which one. I was concetrating on Orion, when a blip of light rapidly passed through my field of view.

For the moon, I have found the 2" widefield to be pretty well perfect. I tried my webcam with it to see what came out - absolutely nothing but darkness, but I didn't really expect anything - cams and photography in general are further down the track.

Tonight, back to clouds, storms, summer weather.

I want to try and find a spiral galaxy next if I can

Could anyone point me in the right place for a few of the spectacular sights in the summer sky ? Pity I live in the suburbs. The light really hampers good viewing. NGC or M numbers would be fine, I can look up the rest.

I'm going to have to get used to having my neck screwed into so many strange positions for viewing as well - ouch!

Enough rambling. Catch you later

Neo ( Lance )