View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 11:10 PM
rowena

My best tripod isnt a brand tripod. The manfrotto's are great because they are light... but when it comes to a bit of a wind... and long exposures... that doesnt mix!!!

I picked up a tripod at Wollongong's Computer Fairs for $90. It is a aliuminmum frame, but with wide legs, and the mount that the camera goes on not only goes around 360degrees, i can also move it up and down plus i can mount the camera at a 'right angle' so to speak. It is a heavier tripod to lift, but i wanted a heaver tripod purely so that it wouldnt move at all if a bit of a breeze hit it (if you know what i mean). Unfortunalty its a no name brand, so i cant even give u a starter where to look.

Ohh something else to look for.... The mount u actually attach to the camera can either use a screwdriver or there are ones that you just flip up and use the flippy up part to screw the mount onto the bottom of the camera. the flip up ones are great, no need for a screwdriver, its attached to the mount itself so no losing bits. (if i have confused u.. i can get a photo! )