View Single Post
Old 08-12-2010, 12:25 PM
BLiTZWiNG (Trent)
Certified n00b

Yeah Beachmere is great for feeling like you're not in a city but being close enough to Caboolture to have everything one needs shopping wise! But yes, I my yard is on the east side of my house and I live on a corner, so I have a streetlight on the east and south side. I got the massive gum chopped down (it was throwing branches at me), but I still suffer light pollution. I can look at Jupiter and Saturn though

Alex, I don't even know what happened to my finder scope, it got lost in one of 3 moves I never cared that much because I found it useless anyway. I wasn't sure exactly how a red dot finder worked, but I'll take your word for it and try and find my finder scope (I took it off for transport, then tried to reattach it but failed, then lost it, which is unusual for me, I don't lose stuff).

I was also unable to see the flame nebula either, which does look quite kewl in the photo, but I also had that star in my scope the whole time so duh to me, thanks for that advice I will try again without it in my view! Granted weather here might mean waiting a long time, I'm just hoping for clear skies on monday night!