View Single Post
Old 13-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Suzy
Searching for Travolta...

Great report and sketches as usual Orestis.
Last night really was a great night to observe. Venus did indeed look stunning next to the crescent moon, I couldn't keep my eyes off it.

Orestis, you are lucky to see all that colour in the Ring Nebula (my eyes are older and I just don't see it). When I first got my scope and we pointed it at the Orion Nebula, my daughter told me she could see a green tinge to it. I told she had a good imagination . Later I found out that this is true.
With Uranus, I could just make out a hint of grey/green colour (there's that grey again).

Did you catch the transit of Europa across Jupiter last night? This was my first moon transit that I've seen and I was very excited. At first I thought I had a black speck of dirt on my ep and I was annoyed. I kept trying to get Jupiter out of that particular spot on the ep, but then the black dot kept staying on Jupiter. Hang on a minute! That's not a speck of dirt - it's a moon! This is my big doh moment todate (apart from leaving cap on scope and wondering why I can't see anything, but we all do that don't we?) .