View Single Post
Old 11-12-2008, 12:48 PM
neversommer (Pascal)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell82 View Post
Always happy to help,

Yes i do know where Bull creek is though as i live in morley it might be a better thing to meet down at Curtin University just for a start. Im also trying to organize a trip out to a dark site to take our 12" meade out.

It wont be till after christmas at the moment, just too busy with all the christmassy things going on. But definately keep in contact with me.

The other thing that you will need to learn having a reflector is Collmination regardless if its a Dob or GEM and is required pretty much every time you use it to make sure everything is in line!. apart from your Barlow lens, you can go one of 3 ways, Get a laser collminator or a ceshire eye piece or combine them both but do get at least one they are about 50 dollars for the laser one and they themself must be checked for collmination. Collmination is a awful beast if you don't understand what your actually correcting .

I have made my own Laser colmination tool and brought the ceshire eye peice. So ill give you a good rundown on the proceedure if you want.
Yes I understand,christmas is a very busy time,but since I am not australian as I am european,my family is in europe and my gf will fly back home for 2 weeks so I will be spending christmans by myself which I am a bit upset about.

Nonetheless I was planning as well going out to the dark once but not sure when especially since I am getting that telescope even a reason more for me to discover new things.
If you have something once planned and you dont mind to take someone with you like me,I would love to too get some prof advice of how to look at stars and how to lign up my telescope correctly.

Whenever you have time you can let me know,as I am happy to get helped in my new hobby which is my 2nd expensive hobby.

To get out of perth is thankfully not that hard.