View Single Post
Old 01-05-2024, 04:55 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Great stuff there Leo

Tonight was nice and clear however presumably as a result of my chemo ( 3rd session completed yesterday) I have been experiencing extreme shortness of breath..walk a metre and totally stuffed requiring 5 minutes recovery time...the irony is when they went through possible side effects etc it was about fingers tingling and the danger of a fever, I really dont recall the shortness of breath deal....Anyways it hits, cough and near pass out etc and so debilitated I could not get to the other end of the van to go thru the symptom list ...so manage it mate...step one do not panic, take deliberate breaths as deep as not being uncomfortable, it will pass, it will pass...well that worked..I knew I was bullet proof...but much later looking at the list it said " report immediately to hospital if experiencing shortness of breath"....I talked to them today and they said well maybe next time right!!!

AND so going out tonigh was probably best passed up...I know a wippish cop out but what nailed it was the last time I started the mower, my transport to the observatory, it near failed, battery no doubt, so it hit me if this thing wont start at the observatory to come home and as I cant walk..it really would be a death sentence...so death was on my mind as the penalty of getting caught out and somehow that prospect really took the shine out of imaging tonight...so later if I can I will charge up the mower and place some water and food, and a blanket in the observatory to meet a worst case situation...

It is getting tuffer sure but you can work around things if you just think it thru...positive thinking on a negative assumption is the idea...I learnt that in some sales and motivation course...plan for the worse so you come out on top if it hits..used it many times and it is so sensible...he may not pay me so take a gun approach.

I do enjoy going into hospital for treatment...nice people to chat with and today I scored two chocolate mouses...and as a treat have sushi afterwards..I make what could be an unpleasant day a treat...life is so good..it really is.

alex