View Single Post
Old 24-04-2024, 11:15 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG8 View Post
You're welcome Xe. One added thing, any two stroke engines you run are particularly susceptible to carbon buildup, that's why it's recommended to run them at full revs. With chain saws this is easy but not with whipper snippers used on domestic yards. At the end of every day I would pull in most of the line (reduce drag) and then run the engine full bore for 60 seconds or so to burn and blast out the carbon. The first time you do this you'll feel flecks of carbon shooting out of the exhaust if you wave the palm of your hand past it. Obviously you don't hold your hand in front of the pipe lol.
Thanks again..I raced two stroke 250 cc class motocross and know and love the two stroke...I ran castor oil in the fuel so used to pull carb down between events..spark plugs new each event..fifty cents each so it was expensive there were two in the head..a hot and cold..one to use when starting then you switched up...but stop the motor rather than grab the lead

I get a guy in..hippy..who uses electric brush cutter and so my nice little Honda four stroke sees no action but man I am surprised just how good his cordless is...he did a car trailer loaded 5 foot high when stacked...for his goats..and work like no other ..and at the end of the day we play guitar together..worth every cent.

Thanks again.

alex